Homeownership Program Announcements for Future Homeowners:
Last updated: Wednesday, August 5, 2020
COVID 19 Status Updates
We are now moved in and working at the office on 3301 Fredrickson Road!
If you’ve been exposed or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Please be mindful not to come in to the office or work any in-person sweat equity if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have a symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Please stay home and call your healthcare provider or N.C. Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at (866) 462-3821 for guidance.
- Then please inform Habitat.
Monthly Financial Meetings and Homeowner Services Updates
- Rhonda is now meeting with families in person again
- you still have the option to meet over the phone, especially if you have concerns about your health (or our health) in an in-person setting.
- Amy will be on vacation from August 10-14. Please email her if you have anything to share with her and she will read and respond as needed when she returns.
Restores and Construction Site Updates
- Good news! There is construction activity available on Saturday, August 8th. This is a good sign that we will begin working on at least some Saturdays again.
- However, you will need to monitor the website for these openings on a weekly basis.
- We continue to have limited spots available.
- It is not possible to schedule yourself far out in advance right now unless it is at a restore.
- Don’t forget to bring your own water as we will not be providing the water cooler on sites.
- Social Distancing remains important. Please keep 6 feet from each other. Masks are required.
- It is required to sign up prior to showing up to volunteer, this way we can keep the groups small and controlled.
- The link to sign up for opportunities is here.
At-home partnership activities continue, new activities available in August
- At-home activities will continue to be accepted for Sweat Equity credit this month if your prefer to stay home and away from others for health reasons.
- Any activities made available to you since March 2020 that you have not already completed will be accepted for credit.
- New activities will be announced this month, as well! Stay tuned.
- Contact Amy if additional at-home opportunities are needed.
August Partnership Expectations and Reminders:
Partnership Activities/”Sweat Equity”
- Your goal is to complete 3 shifts and/or assignments in August.
- If this month is difficult for you personally, a bare minimum of 2 activities is required to be considered an active partner with Habitat, unless you have proactively communicated with Amy to be approved for low activity.
- You may choose between
- limited construction and restore activities,
- at-home assignments,
- or a combination of the above
- Low or no partnership activity will be addressed individually.
- August assignments/tickets are due the last day of the month: Monday, August 31st.
Communication expectations and announcements:
- BUILDERTREND is not up to-date right now.
- As we navigate the unknown total effects of COVID 19 and the limited volunteer spots, as well as hurricane season, our build schedule continues to change.
- Please do not rely on BuilderTrend to learn of Volunteer Opportunities on your own home.
- We are here for you. Please let us know if you’re experiencing difficulties
- We understand that COVID 19 can be especially difficult in so many ways. If you are experiencing challenges that are interfering with your ability to partner with us physically, mentally, or financially, it is critical to communicate this with us so we can work through it together.
- It is important to communicate difficulties scheduling or completing Partnership Activities as soon as possible and make an attempt to find a solution with Amy when possible and prior to the end of the month.
- In some situations and with proactive communication, one may be temporarily excused from activities. Please don’t wait until the month is over to express a need for this. (Think of this as a part time job with as much responsibility to communicate with your team leader about your expected attendance and activity level.)
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home and call your healthcare provider or N.C. Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at (866) 462-3821 for guidance.
- Then please inform Habitat and provide any doctors notes you have so we can be aware of your situation, provide support, and adjust our expectations for the time being when appropriate.
- Be responsive and alert for communication from us:
- As our staff continue to work on your behalf, please respond in a timely manner to any phone calls, texts, or emails asking for your reply so we can keep moving forward.
- It is important to check email regularly.
- You must let us know immediately if your contact information has changed or is not available. Consider having a family member or friend to help you contact us if necessary.
- Who can you call with questions?
- Financial concerns, changes or updates: Contact Rhonda Mack
- Partnership Activities and build schedule questions & concerns: Contact Amy Davis
- For hurricane impacted families renting their home, please contact Wendi Clawson for questions related to the house or property
Future Daniel Boone Trail Residents:
- Link to recording of the Zoom HOA Q&A session on June. 25th can be found here.
- Link to the slides from this session can be found here
Stay well, save this page for updates, and have a great month!
Homeowner Services Manager
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
“Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.” – Unknown