Homeownership Program Announcements for Future Homeowners:
Last updated: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
“Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.” – Unknown
COVID 19 Status
Monthly Financial Meetings and Homeowner Services
- Phone or virtual meetings continue. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule Financial Meetings.
- To reach Amy, call or text 910-777-7096 or email@example.com
- Office remains closed to visitors until further notice. We are also moving administrative office locations this month.
Restores and Construction Sites opened this month – limited spots.
- Volunteers are invited back to the Restore and construction sites with limited spots available.
- Keep checking on a weekly basis for new construction activities, as we aren’t able to schedule too far in advance at this time.
- It is important that we still stick to certain guidelines to maintain safety. We will be providing mask and hand sanitizer on build sites however, please remember to bring your own water as we will not be providing the water cooler.
- It is also strongly recommended that you practice social distancing by staying at least six feet apart from one another.
- It is required to sign up prior to showing up to volunteer, this way we can keep the groups small and controlled.
- The link to sign up for opportunities is here.
At-home partnership activities
- These will continue to be accepted for Sweat Equity credit this month.
- Any activities made available to you since March 2020 that you have not already completed will be accepted for credit.
- Download the activities here >> At-Home-Projects-and-Online-Learning-7.7.2020.pdf (1 download)
- Contact Amy if you’re not sure what you haven’t already done or if additional at-home opportunities are needed.
July Partnership Expectations:
Partnership Activities/”Sweat Equity”
- Your goal is to complete 3 shifts and/or assignments in July.
- You may choose between limited construction and restore activities, at-home assignments, or a combination of all.
- If this month is difficult, a bare minimum of 2 activities is required to be considered an active partner with Habitat, unless you have proactively communicated with Amy to be approved for low activity.
- July assignments/tickets are due the last day of the month: Friday, July 31st.
- It is recommended that you contact Amy once per month for the latest information on your future home on our Build Schedule. As we navigate the unknown total effects of COVID 19 and the limited volunteer spots, our schedule continues to change.
- We understand that COVID 19 can be especially difficult in so many ways. If you are experiencing challenges that are interfering with your ability to partner with us physically, mentally, or financially, it is critical to communicate this with us so we can work through it together. We are here for you and with you.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home and call your healthcare provider or N.C. Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at (866) 462-3821 for guidance. Then please inform Habitat and provide any doctors notes you have so we can be aware of your situation, provide support, and adjust our expectations for the time being when appropriate.
- As our staff continue to work on your behalf, please respond in a timely manner to any phone calls, texts, or emails asking for your reply so we can keep moving forward.
- It is important to check email regularly.
- You must let us know immediately if your contact information has changed or is not available. Consider having a family member or friend to help you contact us if necessary.
- Financial concerns, changes or updates: Contact Rhonda Mack
- Partnership Activities and build schedule questions & concerns: Contact Amy Davis
Future Daniel Boone Trail Residents:
- Link to recording of the Zoom HOA Q&A session on June. 25th can be found here.
- Link to the slides from this session can be found here.
Stay well, save this page for updates, and have a great month!
Homeowner Services Manager
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity