What is expected of a Cape Fear Habitat Partner Family during the initial period of the program before closing on my home?
- Invest 250 to 400 sweat equity hours, depending on the number of adults in the household
- Attend the required Homebuyer Education Classes
- Free-of-charge monthly meetings with our Credit and Mortgage Counselor
- Begin and maintain a plan with the Credit and Mortgage Counselor for making monthly payments to demonstrate your willingness to pay a mortgage with Cape Fear Habitat.
- Be pro-active in communication with the Homeowner Services Department, including notifying us of any change in financial situation, family size, contact information, or schedule as it relates to appointments and sweat equity.
- Support our community and be a positive representative of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
What is expected of a Cape Fear Habitat homeowner after closing?
- Make timely monthly mortgage payments
- Maintain the home and property
- Support our community and continue to be a positive representative of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
- Continue to be in communication with Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity, and inform us of changes to email addresses or phone numbers.
Do you qualify for a Cape Fear Habitat home? Click Here