Apply to purchase a safe, affordable Cape Fear Habitat home.
There are several areas that qualify a future Habitat homeowner:
There must be a demonstrated need for adequate housing, which include one or more of the following:
- Currently living in overcrowded or unsafe conditions
- Currently living in subsidized housing
- Currently living in substandard housing, or homeless
- Housing expenses greater than 30% of income
- Unable to get a home loan from any source
Ability to Pay
Our Future Homeowners earn from 30 to 80 percent of the area’s median income (AMI), with a target AMI of 60 percent or below, adjusted for family size. Consider income amounts including wages, Social Security, Social Security disability, child support and other forms of consistent, reliable income.