What is expected of a Cape Fear Habitat Partner Family during the initial period of the program before closing on my home?
- Invest 250 to 400 sweat equity hours, depending on the number of adults in the household
- Attend the required “Steps to Success” Homebuyer Education Classes
- Free-of-charge quarterly meetings with our Consumer Credit Counselor
- Begin and maintain a plan for saving $3000 with Cape Fear Habitat for closing costs, which is due one month prior to closing date.
- Be pro-active in communication with the Homeowner Services Department, including notifying us of any change in financial situation, family size, contact information, or schedule as it relates to appointments and sweat equity.
What is expected of a Cape Fear Habitat homeowner after closing?
- Make timely monthly mortgage payments
- Maintain the home
- Inform Cape Fear Habitat of changes to email addresses or phone numbers.
- Continue to be in communication with Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
Do you qualify for a Cape Fear Habitat home? Click Here